Monday, April 20, 2020

Other stories I’m working on

Hello!
Currently I am working on two novels of my own. The first one is The Last Hope in the hopes and dreams saga. The second one was originally going to be a novel that all of my sisters and I where going to write together but they kinda forgot about it. I don’t actually have a permanent name for this one yet but for now I’m calling it Core 3000.

I’m also working on two books with two of my very good friends. One is called What If I Die and the other one is called Lost in the Woods.

Today I think I will focus on Core 3000. This book is the one I have the most motivation and ideas for at the moment. It’s about a 17 year old boy named Thrist Le’Gray. He lives on a totally different planet and for that matter, universe. In the beginning of the book Thrist is sitting on his porch steps and thinking about something that had happened to his uncle. This is the first time you ate introduced to the Man-In-Black. He is a evil force that usually appears in a black cloak, thus the name. He is not actually a man, but a form of energy held together by a magnetic force, like all off the planets. (which I will talk about later.) Thrist’s thoughts are interrupted by his friend Maggie, who is invisible, and they end up going on a walk together. Something that I should have mentioned earlier is that Thrist has powers. He has the power of dimension and also can read minds. He isn’t fully aware of his real power yet so he will have to discover as the book goes on. Anyway, since Thrift has the power of dimension, he can change Maggie from her invisible self into someone he can see. And FYI she is not imaginary... just so you know. But because he is not fully aware of everything that he can do, Maggie can only stay visible for about an hour our time or Thrist will faint. When it comes time for Maggie to turn back to her invisible self, she fakes being ill and tricks Thrist into her staying visible until he faints. during this time Maggie tells Thrist some untold truths about her life. She ends up being a spawn of the Man-In-Black and shes trying to get Thrist for his powers. this is when Thrist learns that he has more power than he thinks. He tries to stay awake for as long as possible but ends up giving in to passing out in the end of chapter one. Some things that I don't tell the readers until later, is that during the time that Thrist is unconscious, something scares off Maggie before she can bring him to the Man-In-Black, probably saving his life. Sooo... it is a pretty intense first chapter if you read it and I definitely would say that this book will be for older kids. I might post the actual chapter sometime...No promises though!!!

-MJ   

4 comments:

  1. Hello! Core 3000 sounds really interesting! Hope to see more about it soon! Would it be okay is I mention your blog on mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. THX!!
    Ummm im not sure how to subscribe... You could ask Izzy she might be able to help you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And TOTALLY you can mention it on ur blog!!

    ReplyDelete

updates on books and other things

Hello!  Today is going to be a simple post about different things.  First of all, a update on the Hopes and Dreams Saga. Yes, yes, I know. I...