Friday, May 1, 2020

Update on Core 3000

Hia!!

I hope that your day is going well!

I am doing a update of core 3000. I was thinking and I don't really like the name. Its definitely not the coolest name ever that's for sure!! So here is the update and I am also going to talk about possible name ideas.

Book Name 1: Scars of Truth
Book Name 2: Hunters of Darkness
Book Name 3: Core 3000
Book Name 4: I'm note sure... HELP ME COME UP WITH MORE NAMES!!!!

Other than the book name, a already am in love with the characters in my book! in chapter two you meat a sweet girl named Breeze you can talk to spirits. She and the wind spirit are specially connected. Breeze is going to become a BIG part of the story so i'm trying to develop he character a little more. The book is going to switch from POVs (point of views) But it will all be in third person. It will go between Breeze and Thrist. I have not finished the second chapter but I will post the first part under this.

Chapter II

 
           Thrist jolted awake. A burning  pain shot up his spine, and a dull ache throbbed in his wrist. He let out a moan that sounded more like a wail of pain. A thin layer of sweat beaded his forehead and body. What’s going on? The pain in his back ripped through his spine again and he winced. The pain took his breath away and he gasped for breath. He cried out again. Why is no one helping me? What is going on? I can’t open my eyes! Help! Someone please HELP!
Finally Thrist willed himself to open his eye. Blinking in the brightness, everything came back. Tears welled up in his eyes, he blinked them back. On Cor 3000 it was not appropriate for a seventeen year old boy to cry. Breathing heavily he sat up, grunting and wincing as he did so. He glanced around. He was really in a small room, almost like the one he had at home, he was in an old bed with a green and yellow quilt. There was a small window and a pitcher of water on a bedside table. Abruptly a plump woman with red cheeks wearing a brown dress and had an apron on, as if she had been cooking, opened the door. 
“Oh bother! Oh dear me! This isn’t good! Lad, lay back down! Oh my!” She tsked and rushed over to Thrists bed side. Insisting him to lay back down. He winced a few times but other than that he made no sound. “Dear me lad! What were you thinking? When did you wake up?... oh never mind! Don’t answer any of my silly questions. I'm just a little frazzled, that's all. Now to see how bad your injuries are...humph, no no that wouldn’t do. I don’t want to make anything worse than it already is, how bad does your wrist feel? Oh and your back? And your ribs? Oh… and your head, how does your head feel lad?”
  Now that the lady mentioned it, his head was throbbing. He didn’t know what She was talking about the ribs. 
“Uh..Er...I-I d-aagh” Thrift groaned again as the pain shot up his back a third time. The woman's eyebrows furrowed in distress and worry. 
“Humph, this won't do. Young men like you should not have to experience such pain. No no not at all… poor lad. Yes yes. Very poor lad.” The woman paced back and forth with her finger on her mouth thinking. After a long pause she took a deep breath. “BREEZE! BREEZE THE LADS WORSE THAN WE THOUGHT WILL YOU PLEASE GET UP HERE!” Thrist jumped at the sudden loud birst, making his back pain all the worse. He winced,  and the woman turned her attention back onto him. “Would you like a glass of water?”
 Thrist Shook his head. All he wanted now was to sleep and forget about all of what had happened...What had happened? How did he get here anyway? Who was Breeze? Who was this woman? All of these questions he wanted to ask. But for some reason he was not able to. At this very moment a much younger woman, probably in her teen years with big round blue eyes, blond flowing hair, a light blue dress on and a concerned expression on her face, burst through the door. 
“Oh! Mamma you didnt tell me he was awake. What do you need?” She tossed a kind yet sad smile  in his direction and he tried to smile back, even though he didn't feel like smiling. Something about this girl made him feel a little better. She must be Breeze… as if reading his mind, the older woman introduced her. 
“Lad this is Breeze, my daughter. Humph… I don't suppose I know your name lad. But there's no time for silly things like that. Breeze, go and get me some of my mixtures. The second ben. I will see what I have there to help the poor boy.” Breeze left the room in a flurry of light blue dress and blond hair, and ofcourse a nod to her mother. Thrists belly did a flip flop. She was so beautiful. Heat rose into his cheeks when he thought like that. I can't get a crush on her...for all I know she could be working for the Man-In-Black. Thrist suddenly grew light headed. He closed his eyes and fell back into unconsciousness.

~*~

This part will be of Breeze. Hope you enjoyed the 2nd chapter in my book.


1 comment:

  1. Hey MJ! I like all of those titles, but another could be The Secret Darkness. Hope you having fun!

    ReplyDelete

updates on books and other things

Hello!  Today is going to be a simple post about different things.  First of all, a update on the Hopes and Dreams Saga. Yes, yes, I know. I...